The program offers grants to benefit charitable and not-for-profit organisations for the benefit of the community. The Community Grants Program is administered by Torquay Community Enterprise Ltd.
Grants are capped at $2,000 each and wil be distributed on 6th December 2018. Applications close on 19th November 2018. The community grants program is designed to target funds in ways that are responsive to community needs. Community groups applying for funding must be based in the Torquay, Jan Juc, Bellbrae, Connewarre or Freshwater Creek areas.
What can be funded?
• Charitable and not-for-profit organisations can apply for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities, contributing to their development in building social capital, community welfare, environmental, health, education or cultural areas.
• To be eligible, projects/ventures must be for the benefit of the community and must have an ABN.
Currently, preference will be given to projects that support:
• Families, children and youth initiatives
• Public health programs and services
• Community capacity building projects
• Public education, including tertiary education, school building and libraries
• Innovative community services
• Cultural and arts initiatives
• Environmental projects
• Access and equity for all abilities
• Sporting clubs & organisations
How to Apply
In order to apply for a grant, sponsorship or annual donation, the grant application form must be completed. Applications for funding that are not provided on the correct form will not be accepted. Please complete all sections of the application to the best of your knowledge.
If this application is successful, your group agrees to submit a community grant project report and to promote the support of the Torquay Community Enterprise in the local community.
Please note that if your application is successful, you will be required to attend the grant handover function to receive it, or it will be forfeited.
Grant cheques must also be deposited within four weeks of being received or they will be cancelled.
Grants must also be expended within three months and a brief report provided to the TCE and an acquittal form completed.
Unfortunately, your organisation will be ineligible for future funding if a report/acquittal is not provided within three months of the grant being received.